Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Garden Update!


The first tomato!


Far left raised bed, all my herbs. The middle bed is all tomato plants. The far right is all different kinds of peppers. The new bed in the ground is freshly planted with carrot and cucumber seeds.


My beautiful Basil plant!


My lettuce patch! I really need to get down there and pull some weeds...


My Mesclun lettuce mix!


My green lettuce.

I have been skipping the farmer's markets the past 2 weeks, because our fridge is completely broken. Luckily, we have a mini fridge that could use while we wait for our new fridge to come in (of course it was backordered). So, I avoided the tempation of buying tons of food and meat at the markets by just not going. I have been actually quite depressed about it. BUT, our fridge is supposed to be here on Thursday, so I should be at the markets this Saturday, stocking up!! We also ordered a new dishwasher, which we had installed today:



I love that the floor is reflected on the front of the dishwasher. Yes, that is the Barefoot Contessa on my TV in the background, hehe. I will hopefully post a report of what I got at the markets this weekend, if I have time! I am headed to the pride festival on Saturday with my good friend, and then to see a bunch of drag queens play softball on Sunday for Bat-N-Rouge. Should be a lot of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home