Monday, June 02, 2008

I was exhausted this past Saturday, and decided to skip the farmer's markets. I woke up at 10:30 and immediately regretted it. I suppose I could have hurried to the market and gotten some things, but I knew all the strawberries were probably gone, and that is what I was really craving. Needless to say, I will be at the markets this weekend, and buying loads of strawberries and other goodies.

I did get a small herb/veggie garden planted a couple weeks ago, though. I bought all the plants at various vendors at the Worthington market.



The top section has 2 kinds of tomatoes, Better Boy and Celebrity varieties. There are also red bell peppers and a I think a couple yellow pepper plants. the bottom section has green bell peppers and a couple more yellow peppers, jalepeno peppers, and two fennel plants. There are also all the herbs. Basil, rosemary, thyme, tarragon, oregano and 2 parsley plants.

We got a little excited and bought a few too many plants. I had to order another garden bed, where I will probably move most of the peppers, to give everything the room it needs to grow huge and delicious. I got the beds from a great gardening website. Click here for a link directly to the two-tiered bed I bought.

The funny thing is, my neighbor also planted a garden the day before I did mine, but I think her location is not the best choice. I guess we will see by the end of the summer who has the greener thumb!

I also planted a lettuce patch:





I planted some heritage red leaf lettuce, plain green leaf, a mesclun mix, and spinach. The red leaf and green leaf were planted more than a week ago, and are already coming up, as you can see in the picture. How cute! I think I will be eating a lot of salads soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home