Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm making a transition..

To stainless steel pots and pans. I have one stainless steel Dutch oven from Cuisinart that I LOVE. So, I decided, after reading reviews in Cooks Illustrated magazine, and on Amazon, that I want more stainless steel pans from Cuisinart. I have just noticed how much better the dutch oven works when I use it to sautee onions for different soups and stews and sauces. I'm sure my non-stick pans will still have a purpose, but I'm definitely ready to move on. Check out my wish list for what I have picked out. I am such a geek.

So, I have been cooking, but nothing worthy of pics or a real post. I am basically awaiting Christmas, when I will get my food processor and hopefully some new pans to cook with. I can't really afford to buy them myself. I am making some simple easy food this week. Here is my menu:

Sunday: Jule's perfect marinara sauce, pasta, Barefoot Contessa Garlic Bread
Monday: Leftovers from Sunday
Tuesday: Roasted Split Chicken Breasts, just with some Olive Oil, salt and pepper, red potatoes roasted with Herbs de Provence, fried corn.
Wednesday: One piece of leftover chicken from the night before, cut into chunks, basmati rice with red pepper.
Thursday: Some kind of Ribs, baked potato, peas
Friday: Take out
Saturday: Take out again. I will be at the Circleville pumpkin show, so I am sure my dinner will have some kind of pumpkin in it.

Keep eating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home