Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Quick Update

With mere weeks left until the end of the summer farmers markets, depression has set in. I know, I know, there is the Worthington Winter Market, which I will be trying this year, for sure. But, losing the abundance of fresh veggies every week from local farmers will be quite sad.

However, there is a great option for meat! I know, I can get local meat at the N. Market, and a few other sources that I haven't taken advantage of yet. But, nothing compares to the excitement I have about OMC's winter meat delivery program! Okay, I talked to them a few weeks ago and asked if they were going to be at the winter market. I was told no, but they do a home delivery service in the off season. Just go to their website, email your order to them, and meat comes!! Well, sort of. I signed up for their mailing list at their booth last weekend, and at one of the last few markets coming up they will be passing out magnets with the delivery dates on them. They deliver once a month, with a minimum order requirement of $25 and a $5 delivery fee.

This is great for planning ahead, and they have pretty darn good prices. My winter days might not be quite so dreary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home