Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Just a side note

I have been recording all kinds of Thanksgiving cooking shows the past few weeks (obviously), and I saw one the other night that bothered me. It was on the Food Network, and was called Challenge. It challenged 4 professional chefs to make an entire Thanksgiving meal that included Turkey, Potatoes, Stuffing, a Vegetable, Chef's Choice, and a Dessert. But, they had 5 hours. Does anyone else think that doesn't seem like an extreme challenge? They had previous time to plan and test their recipes, and then they had 5 entire hours to cook. It just didn't seem like much of a challenge to me.

On the Food Network note, I don't understand why people watch Sara Moulton. She completely bores me. I know she is a great chef, but whenever she is on my tv, she instantly makes me feel extremely annoyed, and i immediately change the channel. The same with Emeril. That is a big difference to Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, who I can watch every day and never get sick of. Alton Brown is another person I love to watch. He makes me completely enthralled with whatever he is talking about, even if it is something as simple as beans.

Okay, enough Food Network ranting. Time for bed.

P.S. I just turned on Top Chef and saw they are making Thanksgiving dinner. Looks like I am not going to bed for another 40 minutes...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, Sara Moulton is a bore. But I find her much more tolerable than Sandra Lee!

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 23, 2006 9:04 AM  
Blogger Jule said...

OMG Sandre Lee drives me crazy! She is definitely worse than Sara Moulton.

November 23, 2006 10:59 PM  
Anonymous peter kenneth said...

How did you do this? What s grate collection of information, thank you for best practice keep it up…!

February 08, 2013 4:00 AM  
Anonymous stainless steel kitchen sinks said...

Very informative and trustworthy blog. Please keep updating with great posts like this one. I have booked marked your site and am about to email it to a few friends of mine that I know would enjoy reading.

February 08, 2013 4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home