Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My face hurts

Today was my last day at my current job, and I got so sick of giving a fake smile to everyone. I guess I am grateful, though, for the $50 Wal-Mart gift card they gave me. I can use that to buy some Christmas gifts for my nieces. I start my new job for the State of Ohio Bureau of Worker's Compensation on Monday. WOOHOO!

Now, on to the important stuff. I nixed the Pumpkin Banana Mousse Tart, and decided to go with an apple crisp instead. I have a recipe from a friend of mine who is amazing baker. The apple crisp is really for me, since I love apples and am not a big fan of pastry crust. I also ended up spending another $30 at Giant Eagle after work today, even though I thought I already had everything.

I am making Caramelized Shallots and Green Beans to take to my parents house tomorrow. My mom wasn't sure exactly what shallots were, so I will be happy to share. I am also making the cranberry sauce.

The Jeffersonville Prime Outlets are going to open tomorrow at midnight for a special sale, and I am going there, alone. I was already planning on going down there to do some Christmas shopping (and wander around the Williams-Sonoma/Pottery Barn Outlet), so I figured I would take advantage of the sale.

Okay, I need some local help. I have been trying to find the reusable tube of tomato paste for about a year now, and not one store I have looked in has it. Does anyone in the Columbus area know where to find this? If so, please let me know! I am sick of buying those stupid little cans and only using a tablespoon. I know I can freeze the rest in tablespoons, but it just seems like a pain. I want the tube!

Eat lots tomorrow, everyone! =)

2 Comments:

Blogger wittyknits said...

I know for certain that World Market carries tomato paste in a tube, but I'm fairly certain you can find it at Wild Oats, maybe Sunflower, and the Kroger stores with a larger ethnic food section as well. It's usually in the Italian section rather than the tomato section at the chain supermarkets.

November 27, 2006 3:36 PM  
Blogger Jule said...

Okay, I have a World Market and a Wild Oats within one mile of me. I will have to check it out. Thanks so much for the tip!

November 29, 2006 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home