Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I have been cooking, but have been so hungry each time the food is done that I forget to take a picture. I have made my version of Barefoot Contessa's Chicken Chili on Sunday, and it was amazing. I will make it again soon, I am sure. Then I will share some pictures and the recipe, my version and hers. I think I will be making the pork chops I read about on Columbus Foodie, since my mouth watered just looking at them. I will definitely let all 3 of you know how they turn out!

It is really sad then when I make these chops I will be forced to brown them in the only stainless pan I have, my 6 quart saucepan. I just think that everything browns better in this pan, and also for caramelizing the onions, and any kind of deglazing, a non stick just wouldn't work as well. I can't wait until I get my stainless skillet and saute pans!

Okay, time for bed. I will be posting more in a couple days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Columbus Foodie said...

Thanks for the mention of my pork chop recipe, you'll have to let me know how it turns out!

And since you're local, I'll let you in on a little secret. The key to the taste of the dish is the baslamic vinegar I used - Saporoso balsamic vinegar made by Acetaia Malpighi. You can find it at Katzinger's at the corner of 3rd and Livingston. It's not cheap ($38 a bottle), but a little goes a long way (I still have 1/3 of a bottle left, and I bought it last year). It's well worth every penny, and I've never tasted anything else like it.

November 09, 2006 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home