Sunday, January 21, 2007

My new pot!

Okay, I have been lusting after a Le Creuset pot for about a year now. However, I cannot afford it. I know I can find some at TJ Maxx for much cheaper than probably anywhere else, but they are still a bit too pricey. Then, I read an articile on Cooks Illustrated magazine about inexpensive dutch ovens. They rated the Chefmate dutch oven from Target as the best buy. According to their tests, it kept up with the Le Creuset in every aspect. Of course, this item was out of stock in Target stores and online. For the next few weeks I called Target's store relations number every few days to check on the status of the pot. Finally, the other day, they said it was in stock in the Target store on Olentangy River Rd, which is about a mile from me. The kicker is, that is the only store within 100 miles that had it. It was a sign. So, I bought the pot, and here is a picture:




I haven't used it yet, but I will be tonight. I am making Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic with couscous and some sauteed peppers. I will most definitely take some more pictures. =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jule said...

I believe it is about 4.5 quarts. Not huge, but pretty good for most everyday uses.

February 05, 2007 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home