Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My house smells like rosemary

I am making this roast:




And I want to eat, NOW. I have been craving beef so bad recently. I made burgers on Monday night, and a beef roast tonight. I just chucked a bunch of potatoes, carrots and onions in a roasting pan with the seared beef, and added 2 bay leaves, some rosemary and a little garlic. Also, a little chicken stock. I'm STARVING. We usually eat around 6 or 630, but this won't be ready for eating until probably 7:15.

This is my new olive oil dispenser:



It is just one of those plastic squeeze bottles. It cost 79 cents at Wasserstrom, and I swear, it is the best one I have ever used. I need a dispenser because it seems like when I pour the olive oil directly out of the bottle it came in, I always use way too much.

Oh, and I have to share this new cookbook I bought last night at Half Price Books. It is called the Hay Day Country Market Cookbook, and it looks amazing. It only cost $4.98, and I even bought 2 copies. One for myself and one for Geoff's stepdad, who is an amazing cook. The recipes focus on using fresh, seasonal ingredients, and they also give great information and tips throughout the book. I can't wait to try some recipes from this book. I will surely post the results.

Okay, time to take the roast out of the oven to rest. Mmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home