Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I should be ashamed

I live off of Kenny Rd in Grandview and I had never been to Penzey's Spices until a few weeks ago. I had passed it a million times on the way to TJ Maxx, but for some reason never gone in. I supposed I figured it would be really expensive. I was wrong! It isn't expensive at all! The first time I went there, I was scouting the place for possible Christmas gifts for Geoff's stepdad. Of course, I ended up buying myself a few things. I went there again on Saturday to buy the actual gifts. I bought a Sweet Hungarian Paprika, a Rib and Chicken Rub, an English Prime Rib Rub, Saffron, and Fleur de Sel. Needless to say, it was hard to not keep these things for myself. I did buy myself some new Chili Powder, whole Nutmeg and the same Rib and Chicken Rub. I made Chicken Chili last night and tried out the new chili powder. It was fab!

Okay, so I am really excited cooking on Christmas Eve. My menu is simple, and going to be delish. Here is the plan:

Roast Loin of Pork with Fennel and roasted vegetables
Williams Sonoma Classic Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

Simple. I am not killing myself this time, like I did on Thanksgiving. I am really excited about the pork roast!

Okay, time to watch Barefoot Contessa!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't penzey's great? my mom asked me to take her there when she visited last year because she usually orders through their catalogue, and now my entire spice shelf is basically penzey's!

December 14, 2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger Jule said...

It is fantastic! I will definitely be going there for all my spice needs now. =)

December 14, 2006 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home