Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A Month Without a Post..

Have I been busy? Not really. Just lazy. I have been cooking as much as ever, but nothing worth writing and photographing. We have been packing a lot, and have at least 70% of it done. Now, if we only knew when we were moving...

Yes, that is right. We STILL haven't closed on the house. And more than that, we still haven't gotten the contract approved by the seller's bank. Since it is a Bank Short Sale, we have to wait for them to approve the contract before we can even have an inspection. Sigh. But, I do think it should happen within the next week or so. The bank had the property appraised last week, which is a good sign. So, perhaps our original closing date of May 18th will not happen, but we might be able to close on the 25th.

I will finally brave the farmers market this weekend. My first time! I think I will go to the North Market, since it is so close to me. I can't wait to get some asparagus. I have been craving it, and wanting to slap it on the grill. I don't know what else will be there, but I am sure I will find stuff I didn't know existed. I am so excited. I actually printed out the Farmer's Market info that Lisa over at the Restaurant Widow shared with us, so I can have a little guide. Thanks, Lisa! =)

I got a belated birthday present from my friend Charla in the mail last week, and I just had to share it with you. It is this fabulous peppermill from Peppermate. I saw it on the Barefoot Contessa, and loved the clear plastic container that attaches at the bottom, so you can scoop out pepper to measure it. Sometimes it is nice to be able to measure easily. Plus, it grinds in either coarse or fine. I loooooove it. By the way, I don't know why the peppermill has a brown tint to it in the picture, but it is perfectly white.

Okay, now back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home