Monday, March 12, 2007

Turkey Bacon

I tried turkey bacon a few times when I had bought a couple different brands from the regular grocery store, and it was okay. I was at Trader Joe's a couple weeks ago and saw their Turkey Bacon for only $2.79, so I thought I would give it a try. I finally got around to making it yesterday morning, and I will have to say, I had my doubts. To start off, it doesn't have that artificial look that most other turkey bacons have, and it cooks really fast. Only about 3 minutes total. I will have to say, it was pretty good! I was suprised. I mean, nothing really takes the place of the real fatty, porky bacon, but this wasn't bad!

BTW, I did make the Chicken Kiev last night, and even though the butter leaked, it was still the best chicken I have ever made. I think my breasts were too small, (First time I have had that problem!) and the amount of butter was a little large. Making your own dried bread crumbs is soo worth it, too. A huge difference in the crunchiness factor.

I came home from work today at 11:30, as I am not feeling to well, but I still found time to read all my favorite blogs. I have such dedication!

Okay, now back to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home