Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Because of the horrible weather, I stayed home from work today. Most of the roads around my apartment STILL aren't plowed, and it is 10:45 PM.

I have a nephew! My sister in law went into labor yesterday at around 3 AM, and my nephew was born at 11:30 AM. They have named him Austin. I have seen a picture of him that my sister sent to me on my phone, but have not been able to get down there to actually see him in person. Hopefully tomorrow night I will be able to. It is kind of weird, having a nephew. I have been 8 years with only nieces. It will take some getting used to. I much prefer buying girly things!

On to food stuff. Let's see, I haven't been really cooking, because I have been lazy. For today, Valentines Day, we did nothing. We were planning on going to dinner, but it was so gross out we decided to pass. So, I made the decision to cook a big fancy dinner on Saturday for us. We will be at his dad's, dogsitting, but I will bring all my essential pots and pans over there. I am planning on making steaks (Ribeye for me, New York Strip for him), Potato-Fennel Gratin (from the Barefoot Conessa), and Coeur a la Creme with Raspberry Sauce (also Barefoot Contessa) for dessert. It all sounds so yummy, especially dessert. I don't have the fancy heart shaped dish she uses to drain the cream cheese, but I am sure I will come up with something. I will take pictures of this meal for sure. I know I say that a lot, then no pictures appear, but this time I mean it. =)

Time for bed. I actually have to work tomorrow. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home