Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Lack of Cooking

I have not cooked in two weeks. I am going insane. But, we have been going to the new house every night after work, doing whatever we can, and then coming home around 8 or 830. At that point, I can't even begin to muster up the energy to do anything but slap some lunchmeat on some bread and stuff it into my mouth. We are making progress, though. The bathroom has been gutted and is now prepped for the new tile to be put in. Also, I finally started the priming some of the walls today. I can't believe it's been a week and a half already and we are just now starting the paint. We are planning on moving in on June 30th. I am sure the time between now and then will fly by.

As far as food goes, I have not been to the farmer's markets, mostly because I just don't have time. We barely squeezed in a quick trip to the grocery store last week. I felt really ashamed buying all the prepared food from the deli section, like a rotisserie chicken, pre-made potato salad, and baked beans. Actually, the rotisserie chicken didn't really bother me, it was the other stuff. Does anyone have any ideas for non-cooking meals I can make that will require no work, and uses good, fresh ingredients? I cannot take much more of these other food.

My posts will definitely be few and far between, since I won't be cooking, but as soon as my new kitchen is up and running, I will post some pics, and then get back to cooking! I have tons of bookmarked recipes I can't wait to try. I will still be reading everyone else's blogs, of course. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home