Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I have a confession to make

There is a McDonald's in my 1st floor of my building at work, and I find it hard to resist. Now, I have yet to understand the complexity of why I eat this food. It literally is disgusting. I am always grossed out completely after I eat and try to resist the urge to, well, purge! I don't eat there often, but enough to make me feel extremely guilty. I would prefer to be able to never eat there ever again.

My goal is to seriously buckle down and stop buying crap. I am extremely rigid about the food I buy and prepare myself to be non-processed fresh, and natural. But, when it comes to eating out, and I am much less anal about it. I want to try to stop eating all fast food.

The last time I ate a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit from McDonald's, I looked at the eggs, and they literally looked like a yellow sponge. I thought to myself, would I EVER eat this at home? The answer was no. So, I couldn't figure out why I would pay someone else to make that crap for me.

Okay. That is out. I will try to stick to it, and will hold myself accountable if I slip! In the meantime, I am trying to come up with really great new lunches to bring to work. I am really getting sick of my peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. Plus, even though the peanut butter, jelly and bread are all natural and delicious, peanut butter is still pretty fattening. What I think I am going to do is buy a split turkey breast, roast it, and with that create all kinds of different things. I can also do the same with chicken.

My obsession with broccoli still continues. I have now had it in a different form. For the Super Bowl on Sunday, I made a little snack tray instead of dinner, and cut up all kinds of yummy veggies. I had a head of broccoli in my fridge, and decided to blanch and then shock it to add to the tray. I have had raw broccoli before and I think it has a seriously gross flavor. But, I have never had cooked broccoli cold or room temperature like this. It was awesome! No butter, just cooked in salted water. I even had the rest of it the next day, cold, right from the fridge. I never knew cold broccoli could be so delicious.

Also, I have used my Chefmate Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven at least 3 times, and it has been fantastic! I even made my marinara sauce in it last week, and it did a fabulous job. For anyone who is wanting one of these, check out Target. If you can't find it, I can give you the info on how I found it, and hopefully you can get your hands on one.

Okay, back to work!

3 Comments:

Blogger Charise said...

I've managed to do pretty well staying away from fast food except when traveling, and usually pick Wendy's ... but I can't stay away from McDonald's breakfast to curb a nasty hangover now and then!

February 08, 2007 10:00 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

There's some evil addictive additive they put in the food to lure people in (I'm convinced anyway).

February 15, 2007 1:18 PM  
Blogger Jule said...

I totally agree with you! There has to be some evil addictive additive, otherwise how you can explain that while you are eating the food, you are disgusted, but you still finish it? LOL.

February 15, 2007 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home